Web Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
  • automotive
  • computer software
  • information technology & services
  • machinery
  • mechanical or industrial engineering
  • plastics

Karwa Motors is a strategic investment initiative by the State of Qatar and the Sultanate of Oman to setup a bus assembly plant in Duqm, Sultanate of Oman. This is fulfilled by establishing a joint venture partnership between Mowasalat Qatar – the national transport company of Qatar (with a 70 per cent equity stake) and Oman Investment Fund (OIF), a sovereign wealth fund of the Sultanate of Oman (with the remaining 30 per cent stake).

Our state-of-the-art facility will be initially equipped for welding, painting and assembly of buses.
The plant is designed for the production capacity of 1,000 buses a year, which can increase up to 3,000 buses per annum in a phasewise expansion based on market demand. The first stage of the project will be on a 220,000 sq.m site located not far from a world-scale multipurpose port currently being developed at Duqm.

Our first batch of products will include city bus, school bus, coach bus and work transport bus. We aim to be leading supplier of these buses in the region with the focus on producing buses with European standards and meeting the local requirements.

Majan Project is an undertaking by Karwa Motors, with the aim to design and build the bus assembly plant in a fast track, start the production of first batch of buses by Q2, 2020. Besides creating high-value technical and administrative jobs for Omanis, this project has the potential to catalyze the growth of a flourishing automotive components sector and nurture technical talent pools.

Company’s Keywords:

Q How Many Employees Does This Company Have?


Q Which Industry Does This Company Belong To?


Q What Is the Annual Income?

Q What Is the Technology of All the Company’s Website?

Outlook, Microsoft Office 365, Apache, Google Tag Manager, JQuery 1.11.1, Bootstrap Framework, Mobile Friendly

Q What Year Was the Company Founded?


Rate us and Write a Review

Your Rating for this listing


Your review is recommended to be at least 140 characters long


building Own or work here? Claim Now! Claim Now!

imageYour request has been submitted successfully.