The Automotive Group was established in 1947 when the Group first introduced Chrysler vehicles to the Kuwaiti market. In 1972 the Group further expanded its presence in the Kuwaiti automobile market by being the first to introduce Mitsubishi to Kuwait as well as the Middle East. A revolutionary breakthrough in the Kuwaiti automobile market took place in 2006 when Al Mulla Group and Behbehani Motors formed a joint venture for the distribution of all Chrysler International brands: Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep. The joint venture, known as Al Mulla & Behbehani Motor Company grew even further in 2010 with the acquisition of exclusive distribution rights for the Fiat and Alfa Romeo brands
Today, the Automotive Group has presence in Kuwait, Iraq, Egypt and the UAE through a workforce of over 1,100 employees working in 27 divisions and facilities in new and used car showrooms,
For the convenience of Commercial Vehicles customers, the company has a 3S (Sales, Service & Spare Parts) facility in Ahmadi for Mercedes-Benz Trucks, Vans & Buses.